Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bit O' Euro News: The BBC is Coming

I hinted I might soon have some international news about the Star, and here it is: the BBC is flying to Texas to interview me next week. The British Broadcasting Corporation is the world's largest broadcaster. Their programing is viewed in over 200 countries, and is available to approximately 275 million viewers. The BBC is quite secular, of course, but they intend to broadcast a special on the Star this Christmas. I will be one of several people they interview, and I know they have concluded (before filming) that the Star mystery cannot be resolved.

A little real-life confession: I usually do OK with stress, but with high stakes events pending in my professional life as a lawyer, with managing the affairs of a recent death, with the BBC on the way, etc., I'm feeling it, now. I am sure you would all agree that sometimes events can overwhelm.

This morning before dawn I was involuntarily processing pretty hard on my tasks. Bet you've done that a time or two. In those hours when you're not really awake, problems seem worse, don't they? After I got up, I was talking to the Lord, apologizing to Him that I'm stressing when I should be trusting. Actually, I AM trusting, but that doesn't seem to erase the concerns!

I'm betting you can easily join me in prayer on this!

"Lord Jesus, you endured unimaginable stress on our behalf, and we thank you. We take comfort that you know the stresses of human life first hand -- you are our compassionate One. Some of us are really under it right now, Lord. Some of us have marital issues. Some are out of work. Some are in personal crisis. Some have a wayward child. Some are facing the World through a lens. You told us to be anxious for nothing, but that is not always easy. And sometimes it seems our bodies insist on exhibiting stress, even when our minds are trusting you. Sometimes our nervous systems "know" on a deeper level than our minds can control. Yet, you promise a peace that passes understanding, and we do claim that glad promise! Grant us peace, Lord. Grant us effectiveness. Help us ALWAYS to trust, for we have tasks to do, but the results are up to you. Help us. In the name of Jesus, amen."

Rick

PS: if you want to be praying, the BBC will be filming Wednesday, August 27