Saturday, August 18, 2007

Prayer for Mpower

I have completed negotiations with Mpower, and I feel they have been unfailingly fair. Yet, my heart doesn't feel finished. With the deal done, I now feel a great burden to pray for my partners.

My sense is that McEveety and all involved with the Passion have done a very great service to the body of Christ. We're all frail men (notably Gibson!), but God invested these people with a vision, and they carried it out against massive opposition from both the seen and unseen worlds. And now McEveety is carrying on with many new projects with the same aim. He is shouldering the Star Project with me. Goodness, am I motivated to pray for him and his people!

My hope and prayer is that the Star will become one of Mpower's central assets. A project that will bear fruit for many years in many forms, including ample funds for new projects.

If you have time, will you join with me in prayer?

"Lord, thank you for raising up men who will risk much for your purposes. Thank you for touching us and using us in your projects, to grow your kingdom. Thank you for people who are willing to risk social standing and much else to stand firmly and unambiguously for you! Father, invest Steve and his Mpower team with your wisdom. With your power. Fill them with the certainty that if they stay close to you, listen and obey, their lives will have massive impact for your kingdom. We pray that the Star Project will have stunning success in coming months and years, that many will be called into your kingdom as we all strive for excellence in your service. Help each of us to do these very things within our own spheres. We love you, Lord, and cry out to you for guidance, wisdom and power as we serve you! We pray in the name of Jesus, amen!"

PS: I want to make clear that Gibson has nothing to do with this deal. Mpower is McEveety's (and God's) completely separate team. Please remember Mower before the throne whenever you think of the Star Project.

Rick